There are two types of Formulas in WeWeb:
- the formulas you create, and
- no-code formulas we provide out of the box.
Formulas You Create
If you go to "Data" > "Formulas", you will see you can create and organize formulas in the same way you might write functions if you were coding an app.
We can then reuse it throughout our project, keeping in mind that it needs a number parameter:
Out-of-the-Box No-code Formulas
There are many no-code formulas available out-of-the-box, including but not limited to formulas to:
- format a text (uppercase, capitalize)
- convert a variable (toText, toNumber),
- return true or false if a variable is empty (ifEmpty),
- find items in a list that match a value (filterByKey),
- make calculations (sum, average, round, rollupSum),
- create an array or object (createArray, createObject), and
- find items in list B based on a value in list A (lookupArray).
Whenever you bind an item, you can find WeWeb's no-code formulas in the Formula tab:
These formulas are ordered by category:
- file, and
Note that you can also find:
- all the formulas you created in the "Custom" category, and
- common operators in the "Operators" category.
🔥 Pro Tip 🔥
You can learn more about every no-code formula in the WeWeb editor when you hover over the formula name in the formula tab or the formula input field.
Last modified on
April 6, 2022
WAS THIS PAGE HELPFUL?